Monday, September 8, 2008

"Kick Off" What?

September 5, 2008 was our Jr. High "kick-off" for the school year. You know, the time of year when all the "good stuff" happens.  What is with Summer anyway?  All you do in ministry is stay busy going from camp to camp and committing to finish all the projects and programs that you didn't get to during the school year because you were neck deep in ministry.  So with Summer done (at least with it coming to a near end) we begin to "kick" things off.  We act like ministry is starting up and the good stuff is right around the corner for the students and families that we serve and minister to.  What about those who were part of the long, hot, over committed Summer experience?  What about those who made new commitments, new friends and new memories?  I love to get back in the pattern of life (if there really is such a thing) with my children in school and not spending a week or two or even three away from my family.  BUT, there is something to be said for Summer and those encounters that we, the students and our families had with God.  I don't have a problem with the phrase "kick off" I just think I want to keep the momentum going.  I want to kick off every day with Jesus and live like I am as blessed as I actually am...SO, I think I am going to attempt to live a "kicked off life" so others see that my relationship with Jesus is not based on the season, events, programs or feelings surrounding me, but a decision and commitment made daily to live and love my God my Savior!
Living for Jesus & Loving it!
Todd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! I just came across you blog and I must say you have a natural ability to see things and describe them in words. I look forward to more.