Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm Back

I just finished a two week break from... well, almost everything that didn't have to do with the ministry I am so fortunate to be a part of at www.discoverychurch.org in Orlando, FL.  I am now back and excited to be. 
 
The reason for the short sabbatical was to refuel, refresh and refocus.  The last six months of camps, consulting and joining the staff at Discovery with thElement Student Ministry I have been doing a great deal of "pouring" and not enough "filling" through reading and listening to teachings that continually develop and challenge me to grow in my relationship with Christ.  I began to fell empty and dry.  My hearts desire is that I would allow my heart and life to be filled with the things of God; those things that honor Him, please Him, point to Him... things that make Him famous!  

I love Luke 6:45 where it says that out of the overflow of my heart my mouth speaks.  I want to always "speak" love, truth, mercy, grace and all that God is, because I choose to fill myself with those things that are pleasing to God.

My prayer is that this blog encourages you, gives you a nugget here or there that will redirect you toward the purpose of Christ and not the purpose of people.  I pray that our passion would be deeper than our need for affirmation that we continue to run the race pressing on toward the prize set before us as Hebrews instructs instead of looking for the applause and recognition of men.  

Thank you to those of you who have continued to send me emails and phone messages to encourage me to continue posting.  I am praying for you, your family and ministry today!  

Living for Jesus & loving it!

2 comments:

Pastor Jim Neece said...

great reminder to "fill up" and stay fresh. happy you took a break, even more happy you are back to your blog.

Jim Curt said...

WOW