A great way to save your time and budget is share resources. How to utilize sharing resources among ministries:
- While programming for the year make a list of the materials, resources and items that will be needed for your programs and events.
- Consider an "all church" mailing that includes a list of items that might be needed throughout the year to help with a ministry program or event. Ask those that receive the mailing to fill in their contact information and check all items that they would allow church ministries to borrow. *Please don't forget to budget for repairs and replacement if something should break.
- Connect with other local churches to borrow their resources. We are ALL called to be good stewards, not just our church.
- Advance planning gives you enough time to email a list of needs to see if other leaders have any of the items.
- Share first; this opens the door for others to be generous with you.
- Encourage others ministry leaders to look for ways to share resources.
- Return items clean and on time. If you find yourself sharing often, create a team of volunteers who will pick-up and drop-off.
Start sharing and you will begin to start saving!