Saturday, April 18, 2009

Who Do You Owe?

I love the book of Philemon!  It is short, to the point and reminds me of those people I owe.  My favorite verses are 18-19 where Paul is sending Onesimus back to Philemon and writes:  "18 If he has done you any wrong or owes you anything, charge it to me. 19 I, Paul, am writing this with my own hand. I will pay it back–not to mention that you owe me your very self."

I enjoy reading this passage because it reminds me of all the people I owe my very self to.  I don't live life feeling as if I must repay all of the good people have shown me, but rather I see the investment in me from Christ loving people and I thank God for the blessings!  Yes, there have been times people have "Pauled" me and reminded me to help, serve, and give as they did to me. They also have encouraged me to forgive as they forgave me.  They have pushed and pleaded with me to simply be more like Jesus.

I realize that the greatest example is when Jesus took my sin, suffered and died for me. He continues to "pay" the cost for me daily and I am reminded that I owe Jesus Christ my very self.  
Who do you need to forgive?  Who are you investing in?  Who do you owe?

No comments: