Plan your ministry calendar at least six months in advance. Here are a couple ideas to help with the planning your calendar.
- Check the "general church" calendar to make sure you don't schedule an event that would conflict with another ministry.
- Invite volunteer leaders and parents to a calendar planning party (have food and have fun).
- Confirm with vendors and event locations before putting them on the calendar.
- As difficult as it may be, try to put cost, times and locations on you calendar. This will make future planning for families much easier.
- Don't worry about cool images and fancy font; make the information easy to read.
- Have your calendar proof read by the lead church office manager/secretary, and a volunteer from your ministry to make sure everything looks good.
Remember the saying, "if you fail to plan, you are planning to fail." Plan your ministry and get the information out to the people in your church and community.